For November 7th to November 10th, Prof. Antonio Alvarez Alonso, from (Bio)Process Engineering Group at IMM-CSIC (Vigo, Spain), will teach the course “Dynamics of Chemical Reaction Systems“. The course will be held at classroom 3 at the department of Systems Engineer (Alfonso VIII). First session will start at 16:00, schedule will be fix subsequently.
The objective of this course is to review state of the art theory and methods dedicated to the analysis of chemical and biochemical reaction systems. In particular, emphasis will be placed on the role of the network structure and parameters on the class of dynamic behaviour exhibited.
In that aim, a critical revision of the CRNT (Chemical Reaction Network Theory) as developed by M. Feinberg and co-workers will be presented to set up links with alternative approaches closer to the underlying physical kinetic principles and better adapted to control design of chemical reactors.
The course will comprise 5 lectures:
- Lecture 1: A brief Introduction and motivation to the study of reaction systems
- Lecture 2: Formal representation of reaction networks
- Lecture 3: Network deficiency and two main results of CRNT
- Lecture 4: Dynamics of abstract kinetic systems. Stability and uniqueness
- Lecture 5: The structure of equilibria in kinetic systems. Bifurcation and continuation methods
- Lecture 6: Open problems, directions and extensions for process systems.
This course is included on these PhD programms:
- DOCTORADO EN INVESTIGACIÓN BIOMÉDICA
- DOCTORADO EN CIENCIA E INGENIERÍA AGROALIMENTARIA Y DE BIOSISTEMAS
- DOCTORADO EN INFORMÁTICA
- DOCTORADO EN INGENIERÍA INDUSTRIAL
- DOCTORADO EN INGENIERÍA QUÍMICA Y AMBIENTAL
- DOCTORADO EN INGENIERÍA TERMODINÁMICA DE FLUIDOS
More info and registration at: https://goo.gl/V6RyjR