Desarrollo de un proceso de extracción asistida por microondas para la recuperación de polifenoles del orujo de uva
Investigador principal.- MARÍA JOSÉ COCERO ALONSO
Título del proyecto.- Desarrollo de un proceso de extracción asistida por microondas para la recuperación de polifenoles del orujo de uva.
Código de referencia del proyecto.- VA330U13
Entidad Financiadora.- Junta de Castilla y León. Consejería de Educación
Programa/Plan.- Programa Gral. de Apoyo a Proyectos de Investigación.
Año de la Resolución (fecha).- 2013
Importe concedido.- 34.870 €
The project covers two fundamental objectives: 1) The study of the techniques assisted by microwaves in the extraction process of polyphenol concentrate from the residue of grape marc, and 2) the development at pilot plant scale of a unit of extraction by means of microwaves, to determine the viability on an industrial scale of the process.
SUMMARY OF RESULTS
Regarding the method of microwave assisted extraction, we have been able to discard the technique of microwave-assisted extraction without solvent (SFME) as a valid alternative method to conventional extraction, as it does not provide any additional advantage. However, in the case of the developed method of pretreatment with microwaves in the presence of solvent (PMAE), the established conditions have allowed significant advances: 1) the acceleration between 12 and 21 times of the extraction speed of the polyphenols, 2) the increase in the extraction yield of polyphenols by 50% and its concentration in the final dry extract by 50% for total polyphenols and by 85% for anthocyanins (85%), and 3) the increase in the bioactivity of the extracts obtained with microwaves up to a double value corresponding to those obtained with conventional extraction. Regarding the development of a continuous microwave oven at the pilot plant scale, a 3 kW unit has been simulated, designed and built, with a very high radiation absorption efficiency (99%), in a considerable range of frequencies , around the design value (2.45 GHz). The incorporated regulation systems, both in the guide wave and in the cavity, will allow its adaptation to a wide range of products to be treated. It remains to check the operation of the oven with stable flow of pomace without crushing, due to the problems described in the product’s drive system. In the requested extension period, it is expected to solve the problem with the equipment currently under development, and perform the tests that confirm the validity of the change of scale.
- SÓLYOM, K.; SOLÁ, R.; COCERO, MªJ. & MATO, R.B.: “Thermal Degradation of Grape Marc Polyphenols”. Food Chemistry 2014, 159, 361–366. doi: 10.1016/j.foodchem.2014.03.021 ISSN: 0308-8146 Impact Factor: 3,334 (Rank: Q1, 10/124, Food Science & Technology)
- MUSTAPA, A.N.; MARTÍN, Á.; COCERO, MªJ. & MATO, R.B.: “Extraction of phytocompounds from the medicinal plant Clinacanthus nutans Lindau by microwaveassisted extraction and supercritical carbon dioxide extraction”. Industrial Crops and Products, Volume 74, 15 November 2015, Pages 83- 94 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2015.04.035 ISSN 0926-6690 Impact Factor: 2.837 (Rank: Q2, 3/12, Agricultural Engineering) MUSTAPA, A.N.;
- GALLEGO, J.R.; MARTÍN, Á.; COCERO, MªJ. & MATO, R.B.: “Microwave-assisted extraction of polyphenols from Clinacanthus nutans Lindau medicinal plant: Energy perspective and kinetics modeling.” Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification, Volume 97, November 2015, Pages 66-74 138 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cep.2015.08.013 ISSN 0255-2701 Impact Factor: 2.071 (Rank: Q2, 48/135, Chemical Engineering)
- CABEZA, A.; SOBRÓN, F.; YEDRO, F.M. & GARCÍA, J.: “Two-phase modelling and simulation of the hydrothermal fractionation of holm oak in a packed bed reactor with hot pressurized water.” Chemical Engineering Science, Volume 138, 22 December 2015, Pages 59-70 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2015.07.024 ISSN 0009-2509 Impact Factor: 2.337 (Rank: Q2, 42/135, Chemical Engineering) ANDRÉS, C.; GARCÍA, J.; MONTERO, O. &.
- BLANCO, C.A.: “Simulation and flavor compound analysis of dealcoholized beer via one-step vacuum distillation”. Food Research International, Volume 76, Part 3, October 2015, Pages 751-760 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2015.07.017 CABEZA, A.; SOBRÓN, F.; YEDRO, F.M. & GARCÍA, J.: ”Autocatalytic kinetic model for thermogravimetric analysis and composition estimation of biomass and polymeric fractions.” Fuel, Volume 148, 15 May 2015, Pages 212-225 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2015.01.048 ISSN 0016-2361 Impact Factor: 3.520 (Rank: Q1, 13/135, Chemical Engineering)
- ÁLVAREZ, A.; FAYOS, J.; MONZÓ, J.M.; COCERO, MªJ. & MATO, R.B.: “Measurement and correlation of the dielectric properties of a grape pomace extraction media. Effect of temperature and composition”. Journal of Food Engineering, 197, Marzo 2017, 98-106 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jfoodeng.2016.11.009 ISSN 0260-8774 Impact Factor: 3.199 (Rank: Q1 22/135 Chemical Engineering; Q1 30/124 Food Science & Technology)
- ÁLVAREZ, A.; POEJO, J.; MATÍAS, A.A.; DUARTE, C.MªM. COCERO, MªJ. & MATO, R.B.: “Microwave pretreatment to improve extraction efficiency and polyphenol extract richness. Effect on antioxidant activity.” Sumbitted to Food and Bioproducts Processing. ISSN 0960-3085 Impact factor: 2.687 (Rank: Q1 33/135 Chemical Engineering; Q1 Food Science & Technology, Q2 55/165 Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology)